Monday, January 11, 2010

BP4_2010011_RSS_Feeds

Differentiated Instruction Strategies For New Teachers

I chose this subscription because my Action Research is on Differentiating Instruction in the classroom. This page has the word “new” in its title however it is really useful to all teachers that are looking to change up their teaching. The page shares articles about ideas to differentiate instruction within the classroom. Many of these ideas involve technology which I will be focusing on in my research.

Instructify

This feed gives teachers tools that they can use to help make things easier in the classroom. Some examples are free timers and calculators. I chose this feed because I am always looking for cool tools to use on the Smart Board in my classroom. It also has tools to help with organization and helps to explain tools you may already have. This is a feed that allows a way to see some great tools that teachers are already using without having to filter through the thousands available in other places on the internet.

Suite 101: Teacher Tips/Training Articles

This is another site that gives teachers ideas of lessons to do in the classroom using various technology and tools that are available. The site also can help with classroom management and discipline. I chose this one because it is another resource to access for how to differentiate instruction within my classroom plus if I need to quick teacher training that is available too.

Technology Driven Differentiated Instruction

This feed shows how teachers and students are using technology to drive their teaching. I chose this feed because it not only gives ideas of how to use technology to differentiate instruction. It also gives examples of what people have already done. The topics cover all subject areas and mostly middle school and above concepts.

Cool Cat Teacher Blog

This feed has teachers discussing things like the newest gadgets, classroom discipline, lessons, and videos to use in the classroom, and even just teachers discussing their frustrations. This site allows me to stay sane and realize that other teachers from all over the country are going through some of the same things that I am. I also get to see what is working in the classroom from the teachers that are using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment